How to make it easy for your software to get cited?
1. Create a DOI for your software if there isn't a software paper
- Zenodo will mint a new DOI for every release on GitHub.
- Or you can upload to Figshare to get a DOI.
2. Alert users to your citation with a file named CITATION
- Include your DOI, a suggested citation, and raw BibTeX
- Check out the example
3. Remind users to cite you when they run your software.
This work is licensed under a Creative Commons Attribution-ShareAlike 4.0 International License.